M-480: SYMPTOM: Unable to Update the Operating System
The most common reasons an update is unsuccessful are:
- The downloaded update file has not been extracted (unzipped).
- The "m480_sys_v1610" folder or the "m480_sys_v1610.zip" unzipped file was transferred to the USB memory. Only the "M-480.PRG" update itself should be transferred onto USB drive.
- The "M-480.PRG" update file was not place in the root directory of the USB memory.
If the problem continues:
- Try formatting the USB memory in the M-480 prior to updating the console: SETUP-->SYSTEM-->F6(USB MEMORY)-->F1(FORMAT).
- Perform a speed test for the USB memory to be sure that it's functioning properly with the M-480:
Press SETUP --> F6 (USB MEMORY) --> F7 (SPEED TEST).
- Try a different compatible USB memory: