V-1HD Remote App: How to Setup and Troubleshoot
In addition to the V-1HD RCS control software for Windows and MacOS, The V-1HD has a free iOS app call V-1HD Remote, available on the App Store for iPad.
Note: The V-1SDI does not have a Remote app, only the RCS software for Windows and MacOS.
- To connect to it, you need a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.
- Note: A standard Lightning to USB adapter will not work, make sure it is a Camera Adapter.
Note: They are available with and without a breakout lightning port to keep the iPad charged.
- You will also need a USB 2.0 type A to type B cable.
- Once the cables are connected, power on the V-1HD, let it fully boot, and open the V-1HD Remote app.
- On the right side of the main screen, you will see a CONNECT section, with a rectangular button labeled with three dashes: "- - -".
- Tap it, and it should look like this, confirming that it is connected:
- Try changing an input on the A bus and see if the app controls the switcher.
- Pressing buttons or changing settings on the switcher will also update the status of the app, they are synchronized.
If you have the 2.0.0 or later version of the V-1HD Remote App for iOS, and you experience the following:
- Unable to connect the V-1HD to V-1HD Remote.
- The V-1HD Remote audio meters are not moving in the mixer section, but you can monitor audio passing through the switcher.
To resolve these issues, you need to update the V-1HD switcher's firmware to version 2.00 or later.
Here are some articles to help you confirm your firmware version and complete the firmware update:
For more information about the Remote app, refer to the V-1HD Remote Owner's Manual.
Note: This is a separate document from the Owner's Manual, RCS Owner's Manual, and Remote Control Guide.