M-200i: Troubleshooting iPad Connection Issues
The following article troubleshoots in the event that an iPad is losing connection or won't connect with an M-200i.
- Be sure that the M-200i is running at it's latest version:
- Be sure that the latest version of M-200i Remote App is being used.
- Be sure that the latest iPad version is being used.
- Try deleting the M-200i Remote App from the iPad and then reinstalling from the App Store.
- To delete the app, go to the Home screen on the iPad (press the Home button below the screen). Find the icon for the M-200i Remote app and press and hold it for a few seconds until it wiggles. Then press the (x) badge that pops up in the corner of the M-200i Remote app to delete it. After deleting, reinstall the app from the App Store.
- The following downloadable document shows how to increase V-mixer iPad remote control app connection stability.
The iPad is designed to work with various applications often running in a multi-task mode. However, the V-mixer remote app requires continuous communication with the V-mixer to maintain the connection. Therefore it is a good idea to “lock” the app to the V-Mixer and maintain a steady connection for the duration of the event.
The document above is “best practice” and will help ensure a reliable V-Mixer remote app connection and smooth operation for events.
- If connecting wirelessly, communication between an iPad and the wireless dongle or router may take a few moments. In the iPad M-200i Remote App, it may take multiple "Online" attempts for the iPad to communicate.
- If using a wireless USB adapter:
- Be sure that the adapter is compatible:
- Be sure to turn on Ad Hoc mode using the instructions found on page 104 of the manual:
Note: Wireless USB adapters operate at 2.4gHz. Cel phones communicate at 2.4gHz and dropouts can occur if there are a large amount of cel phones in the area. Using a router set to 5gHz that's connected to the M-200i's LAN port, instead of a wireless USB adapter, can often resolve dropouts that are occurring because of the 2.4gHz interference. Setup instructions can be found on page 2 of the M-200i Remote Setup Guide:
- If using a LAN connection with a router, the following article troubleshoots this:
- Test with a different iPad (if available) to rule out an issue with the iPad.