V-1HD: How to set up a Luminance Key
Settings up the V-1HD for your luminance keying effects is simple. It gets easier the more you get familiar with setting your effects and dialing them in prior to your production. Luminance key composites video with white or black areas made transparent onto a background video. Using luminance keying lets you superimpose logos or text onto a background picture. Here's some steps on how to set up your luma-key effect.
- Press the [MEMORY] button to display the MEMORY menu.
- Use the [TRANSFORMER] "UP" "DOWN" buttons to navigate and select “EFFECTS A” or “EFFECTS B.”
- Use the A/B fader to select the compositing effect to assign to the EFFECTS A or B [ON] button. You have a choice of the following keying effects:
- WHT-L.KEY - Luminance Key White (keys out White)
- BLK-L.KEY -Luminance Key Black (keys out Black)
- Press the [MEMORY] button to quit the menu. This will save your effects settings in your units internal memory
- Press the EFFECTS A (or B) [ON] button to turn on the effect (lighted).
- Press the [A-1] through [A-4] and [B-1] through [B-4] buttons to separately select the background and the picture you want to display in the foreground. *The video on the bus at the position where you turned on the effect is displayed in the foreground.
- [EFFECTS A] knob This adjusts the amount of keying for the foreground video
- [EFFECTS B] knob This adjusts the degree of edge blur for the foreground video
- To turn off an effect, press the EFFECTS A (or B) [ON] button a second time