M-300: Troubleshooting iPad Connection Issues
The following article troubleshoots in the event that an iPad is losing connection or won't connect with an M-300.
- Be sure that the M-300 is running at it's latest version:
- Be sure that the latest iPad version is being used.
- Try deleting the M-300 Remote App from the iPad and then reinstalling from the App Store.
- To delete the app, go to the Home screen on the iPad (press the Home button below the screen). Find the icon for the M-300 Remote app and press and hold it for a few seconds until it wiggles. Then press the (x) badge that pops up in the corner of the M-300 Remote app to delete it. After deleting, reinstall the app from the App Store.
- The following downloadable document shows how to increase V-mixer iPad remote control app connection stability.
The iPad is designed to work with various applications often running in a multi-task mode. However, the V-mixer remote app requires continuous communication with the V-mixer to maintain the connection. Therefore it is a good idea to “lock” the app to the V-Mixer and maintain a steady connection for the duration of the event.
The document above is “best practice” and will help ensure a reliable V-Mixer remote app connection and smooth operation for events.
- If connecting wirelessly, communication between an iPad and the wireless dongle may take a few moments. In the iPad M-300 Remote App, it may take multiple "Online" attempts for the iPad to communicate.
- Be sure that the wireless USB adapter is compatible. The M-300 is compatible with a WNA-1100, WNA-150 or WNA-1 (also known as the Onkyo UWF-1). While other wireless USB adapters may work, we cannot guarantee compatibility.
- Be sure that the correct setup procedure is being followed for wireless setup in the New Features 1.500 Addendum:
- Ad Hoc - page 9
- Wireless LAN - page 3
- Test with a different iPad (if available) to rule out an issue with the iPad.